Student Support Services
Student Support Services is a Title IV TRIO Project funded by the United States Department of Education. SSS offers a variety of services designed to help students enter and graduate from college. Services are FREE to qualified students.
Who is Eligible for SSS?
- First-generation college student and/or
- Eligible for financial assistance and/or
- Physically handicapped and/or
- Demonstrate an academic need for services
Student Support Services Can Help Students:
- Improve study skills
- Meet new students
- Get to know faculty
- Survive in college
- Successfully transfer to a four-year institution
- Prepare resumes and letters to obtain employment
- Make career decisions
What Services are Available at UA Rich Mountain SSS?
- Up-to-date networked computers with access to the internet
- Software available in academic areas of study
- Lab Coordinator available to instruct and assist
- Peer tutors who are recommended by academic advisors and instructors
- Professional tutors in math, English, social studies, business, computer science, and other subjects
- Study Guides, handouts and notes from various academic classes for use in SSS facilities
- Variety of study skills, personality, and learning style assessment tools
- Computerized scholarship search program
- Group and individual visits to other college campuses
- Aid for completing all forms necessary for transfer to four-year institutions
- Appointments with advisors, financial aid counselor, and or other
- offices at transferring institutions
More TRIO Programs
Additional Fiancial Aid Help
How to Apply
To apply fill out an application and see Theresa in the Johnson Learning Commons or visit the SSS UA Rich Mountain Waldron Office.
Visit our Page and 'Like' us today!
SSS serves 220 students enrolled or accepted for enrollment at University of Arkansas Community College Rich Mountain. 2022-23 budget:$378,800.00; 100% funded through federal TRIO funds